Since the year 2000 we have been certifying our products to the API RP-19B standards for oil well perforating
systems. Adopting this practice in lieu of the previous API RP-43 standard did not come without a price.
Others in our industry chose to continue with the old standard (API RP-43) and not update their performance
data to the new standard for a number of reasons. The new standard, due to the target makeup, showed
a reduction in penetration from the old standard (API RP-43) by as much as 20%.
Why do we test in a target that will reduce your published data?
- It’s the new standard set by the API Subcommittee on Perforating and it is the right thing to do.
We continually are compared to others when it comes to the performance that is published by others in
our industry. It is our responsibility to the user of these products to make sure that they are aware
of the differences in target type and more importantly that the comparison of the performance of one
manufacturer vs. another be based on the apples to apples comparisons.
Owen provides a full range of shaped charges that include:
- HERO (High Efficiency Reservoir Optimization)
Overcome formation damage in new completions. Available in 1-11/16”, 2-1/8”, 2-1/2”, 2-3/4”, 2-7/8”, 3-1/8”, 3-3/8”, 4”, 4-1/2”, 5-1/8”, and 7” Scalloped Gun Systems
- Use the Shogun encapsulated perforating system for thru tubing applications where performance and reliability is critical.
- ‘NTX’ Optimized Performance: High Performance Perforating for Re-Completions. Available in Scalloped Guns and Exposed Systems
- ‘NT’ Economical Perforating Gun Systems: Available in Scalloped Guns, Slick Wall Gun Systems and Exposed Systems
- PHANTOM’s Perforating Systems Provide extremely consistent performance, and maintain and extend hole size to help reduce pressure drop across the perforation. PHANTOM Perforating Systems eliminate the drawbacks associated with debris from common drawn liners.
- Utilize ‘EPA’, Owen’s Engineered Perforator Analysis, to Predict Charge Performance Based on Your Specific Well Conditions.
- Utilize our Charge Performance Data to find the right charge for your gun system.